Presentation 'The benefits of Performing Arts to Society' 22nd Sep 2022
What actually defines the term ‘Performing Arts’?
The Performing Arts demonstrates the boundaries between each singing, acting and dancing however, the use of combined arts breaks these boundaries and shows how the body can create live entertainment through each different art form simultaneously.
Dictionary Definition- forms of creative activity that are performed in front of an audience, such as drama, music, and dance:
The impact that live Performing Arts has on society could be justified by one of my own personal experiences, where I had performed on stage to my parents and an audience for the first time since I was a child, here at Suffolk One for Spotlight. I sung Burn from Hamilton as it was the song I was studying for my Unit 3 solo performance. I think this was such a significant performance to the whole of our class and because of the conforming atmosphere the night was in indelible. The pieces performed by everyone on stage lead to a huge feeling of escapism for the audience, leaving you to forget where you are once the piece had ended. I also believe that almost all of the performing arts sectors enhance every group in society at one point and helps leave each of their troubles to one side during the performance and escape from reality.
The feedback I received from one of my peers after her experience of seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the age of 10 was that the show was “amazing” and after meeting the cast behind the scenes, “it made her feel so inspired” and so overwhelmed, “that was the career she knew she wanted to peruse in the future.” This affirming feedback clearly illustrates how even from a young age, the Performing Arts industry can impact society in the most positive way, igniting a love for the idea of escaping their own reality of each individual regardless of age, and their wellbeing/ interests.
Comments
Post a Comment